Happy Valentine’s Day readers!!!!! I hope you are all having a fantastic day so far. There are a lot of things to love about this day, it’s not just about whether or not you are in relationship. It is a great time to find joy in the dead of winter and to reach out and appreciate your friends and loved ones. My friend Ellen hosted a BRILLIANT Galentine’s Day dinner party for a bunch of girlfriends. (I’ll post picks on Facebook)It was seriously the best, but here are a few things I am doing and thinking of today to give a few giggles and to brighten up my day.
1.) I found THE FUNNIEST valentines on A Fish Who Likes Flowers’ blog. I needed something super quick for my work friends who all have a wicked funny sense of humor. So I made a PDF which you can download for free HERE. Then I downloaded the printable wrapping paper from Mein Lila Park’s blog and just cut out strips that I wrapped around each valentine as a little “envelope”. Needless to say, they were a hit.
2.) Everyone needs a good red lipcolor. These are my two favorite. Dior Addict in Red Carpet is the perfect red lipstick, I bought it for my wedding. It has some blue undertones so it makes your teeth look SUPER white. The Nars gloss in Norma is the perfect top coat. It has a little more orange in it so it makes the whole look more neutral. What’s great is that because one is warmer and the other is cooler, you can mix and match with practically any gloss/lipstick combo you have. They are the best for layering to get the shade you want.
3.) I love decorating for the holidays. I usually put up some Valentine’s day stuff as soon as I take down my Christmas tree. In the entry way, I have some apothecary jars filled with candy. Did anyone else know that there is a whole starburst bag of just the red flavors? It changed my life when I found them! I also found the cutest tic tac toe game for the coffee table. I was shopping at Homegoods and found it and the x’s and o’s made me think of v-day.
It’s winter, and I want stuff. As you can see I am in a very white and gold kind of mood with maybe a splash of pink for Valentine’s day. My husband would kill me if I bought these pillows and maybe even that sparkle shower curtain but it only makes me want them more!
1. These adorable mugs are DIY if you can believe it! All you need is a little spray paint, plain mugs and some tape. Talk about fighting winter boredom! Find the how-to here at Love, Design and Sunshine.
2. These SAWEET playing cards would be perfect for the bar, or for the coffee table. I had an impossible time finding any site that still sells these. They seem to sell out everywhere. You can find these HERE.
3. This shower curtain is EVERYTHING. I want it and I want it now. Get it HERE. (that means you, husband….)
4. I am always down for a good tray. I have quite the collection of them and I am always looking for good designs. It is one of the easiest ways to freshen up a space. I found these in an adorable Etsy shop. They come in a pair. Twice as nice!
5. Another DIY project! Believe it or not these adorable pillows are pretty inexpensive and they have a free printable for the stencil. Nice! Get it HERE.
So, what are YOU wanting this winter?
Well hello there! I am starting this blog because I have too much in my head that needs somewhere to go. I want to write about projects and inspirations so I can keep everything in one place.
2013. Whoa that came fast. We started it all off with a bang at our awesome NYE party. There was a proposal (for real) a photobooth, lots of sequins and even some scotch. You can check it out over at Shindig. For now though, I want to start off with my out with the old, in with the new projects. January is a good time for organizing a bit so I thought I would start small with all the Christmas cards we got this year. I feel bad throwing them away and I like to display them as part of my holiday decorating.
I went from this:
Not bad eh? Here is what you need to do it:
- string to tie
- book rings
- hand held hole punch
- sparkly cardstock (Michaels)
- christmas cards
- pretty paper to label the year
Heres how I did it in photos:
Start out with all of your supplies then take one of your smaller cards and punch to holes on either end. Use this same card as a template, put it on top of each new card and punch the holes in the same place so that they all have holes the same distance apart.
Once you do that, take the biggest card you have and use it to cut out a piece of the sparkly paper. Then put the book ring through the top hole of each card. Then put the second ring through the bottom holes. Tie it up with some ribbon or string and add your little tag.