I signed up for, Le Tote last month because I kept hearing about it on blogs or in the news so I thought I would give it a try. They market themselves as the “Netflix for Clothes” but there are a ton of reasons why this is awesome.
- It satisfies my urge to shop because let’s face it, I NEVER actually have time to shop
- When I do get to shop, you would think that I have never seen a store before and I go completely wild and spend all of my money which then forces me to eat ramen noodles and stay home for two weeks until I get paid again. This forces me to STAY in a budget because you pay $49.95 a month no matter how many totes you get.
- I live in a big city and I have ONE tiny closet that I have to SHARE with my husband. This results in a logistical nightmare practically every time I buy something. It saves me from the, “but where is it going to go?” conversation.
I got my first tote the day I was leaving for christmas and it had three items of clothing and two accessories. Because I was flying home that day, I only took one photo. It is hard to tell exactly what everything is but here is what was in the tote:
- A really cute cropped chunky striped sweater (which I wore to death)
- An awesome light pink silk blouse that I wore to work AND out to dinner
- A sparkly party dress (you know how I feel about anything shiny)
- Earrings to go with the sparkly dress AND blouse
- The softest cable knit scarf I have ever felt
Pretty awesome for a first try at it. I also got a personalized note from the girl who curated my pieces instructing me to email her personally if there was anything in particular that didn’t fit, or that I didn’t like, so she could adjust my next shipment. So, after I wore everything, which was about a week and a half, I sent everything back in the prepaid envelope they sent me. I then got another shipment a week later with another round of pieces. Here is what the second shipment had:
The sweater dress was obviously worn ALL weekend on our wisconsin ski trip. I wore it with a peach slip under it and leggings. It was nice because it wasn’t itchy like a lot of sweater dresses can be. It needed a belt though to give me some shape.
I plan on wearing the dress this week to work with tights, boots, and a cardigan. Not something you can really mess up, wouldn’t you say?
The top is an interesting material. It is a really soft thin jersey fabric with sheer sleeves. Not something I would have bought myself per se, but I think I’ll be able to swing it with a hot pink pencil skirt and the emerald colored earrings they sent me.
The only piece I can live without is the bracelet, it’s just boring. But 4 outta 5 ain’t bad eh?